Yes, stone is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Stone is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word 'stone'.
- Kill by throwing stones at
- Remove the pits from
- Of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
- A lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- Building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose
- Material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry
- An avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds
- The hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- United States jurist who was named chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1941 by Franklin D. Roosevelt (1872-1946)
- United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
- United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
- United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
- United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946)
- United States architect (1902-1978)
- A lack of feeling or expression or movement
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in stone?
5 Anagrams of Stone
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stone:
There are 17 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'stone'.