Yes, ne is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 2 points in Scrabble, and 3 points in Words with Friends
Ne is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
When you first hear it pronounced (like “knee”), you might think “ne” is the word from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But those were actually the Knights Who Say “Ni.” It’s a common misconception; they’re actually two totally separate words with totally separate meanings.
We have no idea what “ni” means, but “ne” refers to someone’s original name. It’s French, it’s a little bit fancy, and it’s usually used to designate a married woman’s original surname. However, for a woman, it’s actually spelled “nee.” Well, actually, it’s spelled “né” and “née” because it’s French and they love accented letters over there. It’s also pronounced like “neigh”—yes, like a horse. In France, it means “born,” so when you say “né,” you’re literally saying “born as” such-and-such name.
It’s also an abbreviation for the state of Nebraska, New England, northeast, and no effects. But none of those usages apply in Scrabble.
Examples of “ne” in a sentence:
- What’s the abbreviation for Nebraska? NE, right?
- His name was [email protected] Bag (né Mike Hannigan), and her name was Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock (née Phoebe Buffay).
- Where are we going? My compass says “NE,” but that can't be right.
3 definitions of the word 'ne'.
- A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube; one of the six inert gasses; occurs in the air in small amounts
- The compass point midway between north and east; at 45 degrees
- A midwestern state on the Great Plains
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in ne?
1 Anagram of Ne
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to ne:
There are 16 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'ne'.