Is pit a Scrabble word?
Yes, pit is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Pit is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
14 definitions of the word pit.
- Set into opposition or rivalry
- Mark with a scar
- Remove the pits from
- A sizeable hole (usually in the ground)
- A concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression)
- The hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment
- An enclosure in which animals are made to fight
- (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
- (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
- A trap in the form of a concealed hole
- A surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
- Lowered area in front of a stage where an orchestra accompanies the performers
- A workplace consisting of a coal mine plus all the buildings and equipment connected with it
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in pit?
1 Anagram of Pit
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to pit:
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'pit'.