Is direct a Scrabble word?
Yes, direct is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Direct is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word direct
The meaning of direct
24 definitions of the word direct.
- Without deviation
- Direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short
- Having no intervening persons, agents, conditions
- Straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action
- In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child
- Moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth
- Similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity
- (of a current) flowing in one direction only
- Being an immediate result or consequence
- In precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker
- Lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact
- Command with authority
- Intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- Guide the actors in (plays and films)
- Be in charge of
- Take somebody somewhere
- Cause to go somewhere
- Point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- Lead, as in the performance of a composition; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- Give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction
- Specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- Put an address on (an envelope)
- Plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in direct?
4 Letter Words
2 Anagrams of Direct
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to direct:
Unscramble the letters in direct
There are 8 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'direct'.