Is lead a Scrabble word?
Yes, lead is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Lead is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word lead
The meaning of lead
31 definitions of the word lead.
- Take somebody somewhere
- Have as a result or residue
- Tend to or result in
- Travel in front of; go in advance of others
- Cause to undertake a certain action
- Stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
- Be in charge of
- Be ahead of others; be the first
- Be conducive to
- Lead, as in the performance of a composition; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- Lead, extend, or afford access
- Move ahead (of others) in time or space
- Cause something to pass or lead somewhere
- Preside over
- An advantage held by a competitor in a race
- A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element; bluish white when freshly cut but tarnishes readily to dull grey
- Evidence pointing to a possible solution
- A position of leadership (especially in the phrase `take the lead')
- The angle between the direction a gun is aimed and the position of a moving target (correcting for the flight time of the missile)
- The introductory section of a story
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is winning
- An actor who plays a principal role
- (baseball) the position taken by a base runner preparing to advance to the next base
- An indication of potential opportunity
- A news story of major importance
- The timing of ignition relative to the position of the piston in an internal-combustion engine
- Restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal
- Thin strip of metal used to separate lines of type in printing
- Mixture of graphite with clay in different degrees of hardness; the marking substance in a pencil
- A jumper that consists of a short piece of wire
- The playing of a card to start a trick in bridge
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in lead?
3 Anagrams of Lead
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to lead:
Unscramble the letters in lead
There are 19 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'lead'.
- G: glade
- H: haled
- K: laked
- L: ladle
- V: laved
- X: axled
- Z: lazed