Is take a Scrabble word?
Yes, take is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Take is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
44 definitions of the word take.
- Carry out
- Require (time or space)
- Take somebody somewhere
- Get into one's hands, take physically
- Take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- Interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression
- Take something or somebody with oneself somewhere
- Take into one's possession
- Travel or go by means of a certain kind of transportation, or a certain route
- Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives
- Receive willingly something given or offered
- Assume, as of positions or roles
- Take into consideration for exemplifying purposes
- Require as useful, just, or proper
- Experience or feel or submit to
- Make a film or photograph of something
- Remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
- Serve oneself to, or consume regularly
- Accept or undergo, often unwillingly
- Make use of or accept for some purpose
- Take by force
- Occupy or take on
- Admit into a group or community
- Ascertain or determine by measuring, computing or take a reading from a dial
- Be a student of a certain subject
- Take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
- Head into a specified direction
- Point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- Be seized or affected in a specified way
- Have with oneself; have on one's person
- Engage for service under a term of contract
- Receive or obtain regularly
- Buy, select
- To get into a position of having, e.g., safety, comfort
- Have sex with; archaic use
- Lay claim to; as of an idea
- Be designed to hold or take
- Be capable of holding or containing
- Develop a habit
- Proceed along in a vehicle
- Obtain by winning
- Be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness
- The income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
- The act of photographing a scene or part of a scene without interruption
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in take?
1 Anagram of Take
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to take:
There are 5 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'take'.