Is raising a Scrabble word?
Yes, raising is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Raising is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
31 definitions of the word raising.
- Raise the level or amount of something
- Raise from a lower to a higher position
- Cause to be heard or known; express or utter
- Collect funds for a specific purpose
- Cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- Bring up
- Summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- Move upwards
- Construct, build, or erect
- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- Create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise
- Raise in rank or condition
- Give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
- Cause to puff up with a leaven
- Bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level
- Bet more than the previous player
- Cause to assemble or enlist in the military
- Put forward for consideration or discussion
- Pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth
- Activate or stir up
- Establish radio communications with
- Multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
- Bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project
- Invigorate or heighten
- Put an end to
- Cause to become alive again
- Increasing in quantity or value
- The event of something being raised upward
- The properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child
- Helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in raising?
2 Anagrams of Raising
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to raising:
There are 6 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'raising'.