Is grain a Scrabble word?
Yes, grain is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Grain is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
15 definitions of the word grain.
- Thoroughly work in
- Paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
- Form into grains
- Become granular
- A relatively small granular particle of a substance
- Foodstuff prepared from the starchy grains of cereal grasses
- The side of leather from which the hair has been removed
- A weight unit used for pearls or diamonds: 50 mg or 1/4 carat
- 1/60 dram; equals an avoirdupois grain or 64.799 milligrams
- 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
- Dry seed-like fruit produced by the cereal grasses: e.g. wheat, barley, Indian corn
- A cereal grass
- The smallest possible unit of anything
- The direction, texture, or pattern of fibers found in wood or leather or stone or in a woven fabric
- The physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in grain?
1 Anagram of Grain
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to grain:
There are 20 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'grain'.
- B: baring
- F: faring
- I: airing
- H: haring
- K: raking
- R: raring
- W: waring
- V: raving
- X: raxing
- Z: razing