Is gear a Scrabble word?
Yes, gear is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Gear is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
5 definitions of the word gear.
- Set the level or character of
- A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
- Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
- A mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
- Equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in gear?
2 Anagrams of Gear
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to gear:
There are 18 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'gear'.
- B: barge
- H: gerah
- J: jager
- W: wager
- V: grave