Yes, tapes is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Tapes is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
20 definitions of the word 'tapes'.
- Fasten or attach with tape
- Record on videotape
- Register electronically
- Cut a female screw thread with a tap
- Draw from or dip into to get something
- Strike lightly
- Draw from; make good use of
- Tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
- Furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it
- Make light, repeated taps on a surface
- Walk with a tapping sound
- Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes
- Draw (liquor) from a tap
- Pierce in order to draw a liquid from
- Make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
- A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening
- A recording made on magnetic tape
- The finishing line for a foot race
- Measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths
- Memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in tapes?
6 Anagrams of Tapes
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to tapes:
There are 13 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'tapes'.