Is plates a Scrabble word?
Yes, plates is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Plates is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word plates
The meaning of plates
17 definitions of the word plates.
- Coat with a layer of metal
- Make a plat of
- (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score
- A sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- A full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- Dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- The quantity contained in a plate
- A rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly
- The thin under portion of the forequarter
- A main course served on a plate
- Any flat platelike body structure or part
- The positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- A flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
- Structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- A shallow receptacle for collection in church
- A metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- A dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in plates?
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
8 Anagrams of Plates
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to plates:
Unscramble the letters in plates
There are 14 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'plates'.