Yes, sound is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Sound is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
24 definitions of the word 'sound'.
- Appear in a certain way
- Make a certain noise or sound
- Give off a certain sound or sounds
- Announce by means of a sound
- Utter with vibrating vocal chords
- Cause to sound
- Measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
- Financially secure and safe
- Exercising or showing good judgment
- In good condition; free from defect or damage or decay
- In excellent physical condition
- Logically valid
- Having legal efficacy or force
- Free from moral defect
- (of sleep) deep and complete
- The particular auditory effect produced by a given cause
- The subjective sensation of hearing something
- Mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium
- The sudden occurrence of an audible event
- The audible part of a transmitted signal
- (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
- A narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
- A large ocean inlet or deep bay
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in sound?
2 Anagrams of Sound
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to sound:
There are 16 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'sound'.