Is grounds a Scrabble word?
Yes, grounds is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 12 points in Words with Friends
Grounds is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
28 definitions of the word grounds.
- Fix firmly and stably
- Confine or restrict to the ground
- Place or put on the ground
- Instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
- Bring to the ground
- Hit or reach the ground
- Throw to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage
- Hit a groundball
- Hit onto the ground
- Cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- Connect to a ground
- Use as a basis for; found on
- Your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief
- The enclosed land around a house or other building
- A tract of land cleared for some special purposes (recreation or burial etc.)
- A justification for something existing or happening
- Dregs consisting of solid particles (especially of coffee) that form a residue
- The solid part of the earth's surface
- A rational motive for a belief or action
- The loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
- A relation that provides the foundation for something
- A position to be won or defended in battle (or as if in battle)
- The part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground
- Material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- A relatively homogeneous percept extending back of the figure on which attention is focused
- A connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
- The first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in grounds?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to grounds:
There are 2 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'grounds'.