Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
9 Definitions of Yard
The definition of yard, the meaning of the word Yard:
Is yard a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- n. - The enclosed land around a house or other building
- n. - A tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings)
- n. - The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- n. - A unit of volume (as for sand or gravel)
- n. - A tract of land where logs are accumulated
- n. - An area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- n. - A long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen
- n. - An enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)
Yard is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
There are 4 letters in yard: A D R Y
1 Anagram of Yard
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to yard:
11 words found using the letters in "Yard"
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words