Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
9 Definitions of Grating
The definition of grating, the meaning of the word Grating:
Is grating a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting air
- n. - A frame of iron bars to hold a fire
- n. - Optical device consisting of a surface with many parallel grooves in it; disperses a beam of light (or other electromagnetic radiation) into its wavelengths to produce its spectrum
- v. - Furnish with a grate
- v. - Gnaw into; make resentful or angry
- v. - Reduce to small shreds or pulverize by rubbing against a rough or sharp perforated surface
- v. - Make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- v. - Scratch repeatedly
- adj. - Unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
Grating is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 12 points in Words with Friends
There are 7 letters in grating: A G G I N R T
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to grating:
80 words found using the letters in "Grating"
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words