Yes, lies is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 4 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
Lies is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
10 definitions of the word 'lies'.
- Be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- Be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position
- Originate (in)
- Be and remain in a particular state or condition
- Tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive
- Have a place in relation to something else
- Assume a reclining position
- A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth
- Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968)
- Position or manner in which something is situated
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in lies?
2 Anagrams of Lies
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to lies:
There are 19 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'lies'.
- A: aisle
- B: biles
- K: likes
- L: lisle
- O: solei
- S: isles