Is flies a Scrabble word?
Yes, flies is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Flies is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
20 definitions of the word flies.
- Travel through the air; be airborne
- Move quickly or suddenly
- Operate an airplane
- Transport by aeroplane
- Cause to fly or float
- Be dispersed or disseminated
- Change quickly from one emotional state to another
- Pass away rapidly
- Travel in an airplane
- Display in the air or cause to float
- Run away quickly
- Travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft
- Hit a fly
- Decrease rapidly and disappear
- (theater) the space over the stage (out of view of the audience) used to store scenery (drop curtains)
- Two-winged insects characterized by active flight
- Flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
- An opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
- (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
- Fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in flies?
1 Anagram of Flies
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to flies:
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'flies'.