Is swing a Scrabble word?
Yes, swing is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
Swing is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word swing
The meaning of swing
22 definitions of the word swing.
- Move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting
- Move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner
- Change direction with a swinging motion; turn
- Influence decisively
- Make a big sweeping gesture or movement
- Hang freely
- Hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement
- Alternate dramatically between high and low values
- Live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style
- Have a certain musical rhythm
- Be a social swinger; socialize a lot
- Play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm
- Engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends
- A state of steady vigorous action that is characteristic of an activity
- Mechanical device used as a plaything to support someone swinging back and forth
- A sweeping blow or stroke
- Changing location by moving back and forth
- A style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s; flowing rhythms but less complex than later styles of jazz
- A jaunty rhythm in music
- The act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually) hitting it
- In baseball; a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ball
- A square dance figure; a pair of dancers join hands and dance around a point between them
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in swing?
5 Letter Words
1 Anagram of Swing
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to swing:
Unscramble the letters in swing
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'swing'.