Is strain a Scrabble word?
Yes, strain is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Strain is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
20 definitions of the word strain.
- To exert much effort or energy
- Test the limits of
- Use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity
- Separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
- Cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious
- Become stretched or tense or taut
- Remove by passing through a filter
- Rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender
- Alter the shape of (something) by stress
- (physics) deformation of a physical body under the action of applied forces
- Difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension
- A succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
- (psychology) nervousness resulting from mental stress
- A special variety of domesticated animals within a species
- (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups
- Injury to a muscle (often caused by overuse); results in swelling and pain
- The general meaning or substance of an utterance
- An effortful attempt to attain a goal
- An intense or violent exertion
- The act of singing
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in strain?
3 Anagrams of Strain
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to strain:
There are 14 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'strain'.