Is stop a Scrabble word?
Yes, stop is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Stop is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
22 definitions of the word stop.
- Come to a halt, stop moving
- Put an end to a state or an activity
- Stop from happening or developing
- Interrupt a trip
- Cause to stop
- Prevent completion
- Hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- Seize on its way
- Have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- Render unsuitable for passage
- Stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
- The event of something ending
- The act of stopping something
- A brief stay in the course of a journey
- The state of inactivity following an interruption
- A spot where something halts or pauses
- A consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it
- A punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes
- A mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens
- A restraint that checks the motion of something
- An obstruction in a pipe or tube
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in stop?
5 Anagrams of Stop
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stop:
There are 12 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'stop'.