Is check a Scrabble word?
Yes, check is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 16 points in Scrabble, and 17 points in Words with Friends
Check is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
38 definitions of the word check.
- Examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition
- Make an examination or investigation
- Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
- Lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
- Stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution
- Put a check mark on or near or next to
- Slow the growth or development of
- Be verified or confirmed; pass inspection
- Be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- Block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
- Develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control
- Consign for shipment on a vehicle
- Hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping
- Abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
- Stop in a chase especially when scent is lost
- Mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on
- Decline to initiate betting
- Hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- Place into check
- Write out a check on a bank account
- Find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
- Verify by consulting a source or authority
- Arrest the motion (of something) abruptly
- Make cracks or chinks in
- Become fractured; break or crack on the surface only
- A written order directing a bank to pay money
- An appraisal of the state of affairs
- The bill in a restaurant
- The state of inactivity following an interruption
- Additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct
- The act of inspecting or verifying
- A mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
- Something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- A mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- A textile pattern of squares or crossed lines (resembling a checkerboard)
- The act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
- Obstructing an opponent in ice hockey
- (chess) a direct attack on an opponent's king
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in check?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to check:
There is 1 word that can be made by adding another letter to 'check'.
- S: checks