Is stay a Scrabble word?
Yes, stay is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Stay is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word stay.
- Stay the same; remain in a certain state
- Stay put (in a certain place); we are not moving to Cincinnati"
- Continue in a place, position, or situation
- Remain behind
- Stop or halt
- Stay behind
- Hang on during a trial of endurance
- Stop a judicial process
- Fasten with stays
- Overcome or allay
- Continuing or remaining in a place or state
- The state of inactivity following an interruption
- A judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted
- A thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in stay?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stay:
There are 13 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'stay'.