Yes, stays is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Stays is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
17 definitions of the word 'stays'.
- Stay the same; remain in a certain state
- Stay put (in a certain place); we are not moving to Cincinnati"
- Continue in a place, position, or situation
- Remain behind
- Stop or halt
- Stay behind
- Hang on during a trial of endurance
- Stop a judicial process
- Fasten with stays
- Overcome or allay
- A woman's close-fitting foundation garment
- Continuing or remaining in a place or state
- The state of inactivity following an interruption
- A judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted
- A thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in stays?
1 Anagram of Stays
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to stays:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'stays'.