Yes, short is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 7 points in Words with Friends
Short is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
23 definitions of the word 'short'.
- Quickly and without warning
- Without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold
- Clean across
- At some point or distance before a goal is reached
- So as to interrupt
- At a disadvantage
- In a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
- Cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- Create a short circuit in
- Primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length
- Low in stature; not tall
- Not sufficient to meet a need
- (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range
- Not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices
- Of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration
- Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
- Lacking foresight or scope
- Tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening
- Marked by rude or peremptory shortness
- The location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- Accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- The fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in short?
1 Anagram of Short
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to short:
There are 11 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'short'.