Is shades a Scrabble word?
Yes, shades is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 10 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Shades is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
14 definitions of the word shades.
- Cast a shadow over
- Represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- Protect from light, heat, or view
- Vary slightly
- Pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree
- Spectacles that are darkened or polarized to protect the eyes from the glare of the sun
- Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body
- A quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color
- Protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight
- A subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude
- A position of relative inferiority
- A slight amount or degree of difference
- A mental representation of some haunting experience
- A representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in shades?
3 Anagrams of Shades
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to shades:
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'shades'.