Is quarter a Scrabble word?
Yes, quarter is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 16 points in Scrabble, and 17 points in Words with Friends
Quarter is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
18 definitions of the word quarter.
- Provide housing for (military personnel)
- Pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
- Divide into quarters
- Divide by four; divide into quarters
- One of four equal parts
- A district of a city having some distinguishing character
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided
- A unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
- One of four periods into which the school year is divided
- A fourth part of a year; three months
- One of the four major division of the compass
- A quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- A quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- A United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar
- An unspecified person
- The rear part of a ship
- Piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- Clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in quarter?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to quarter:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'quarter'.