Is played a Scrabble word?
Yes, played is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 12 points in Scrabble, and 13 points in Words with Friends
Played is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
36 definitions of the word played.
- (of games) engaged in
- Participate in games or sport
- Act or have an effect in a specified way or with a specific effect or outcome
- Play on an instrument
- Play a role or part
- Be at play; be engaged in playful activity; amuse oneself in a way characteristic of children
- Replay (as a melody)
- Perform music on (a musical instrument)
- Pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
- Move or seem to move quickly, lightly, or irregularly
- Bet or wager (money)
- Engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion
- Pretend to be somebody in the framework of a game or playful activity
- Emit recorded sound
- Perform on a certain location
- Put (a card or piece) into play during a game, or act strategically as if in a card game
- Engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously
- Behave in a certain way
- Cause to emit recorded audio or video
- Manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination
- Use to one's advantage
- Consider not very seriously
- Be received or accepted or interpreted in a specific way
- Behave carelessly or indifferently
- Cause to move or operate freely within a bounded space
- Perform on a stage or theater
- Be performed or presented for public viewing
- Cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
- Discharge or direct or be discharged or directed as if in a continuous stream
- Make bets
- Stake on the outcome of an issue
- Shoot or hit in a particular manner
- Use or move
- Employ in a game or in a specific position
- Contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
- Exhaust by allowing to pull on the line
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in played?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to played:
There are 4 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'played'.