Is lay a Scrabble word?
Yes, lay is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Lay is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word lay
The meaning of lay
16 definitions of the word lay.
- Put into a certain place or abstract location
- Put in a horizontal position
- Prepare or position for action or operation
- Lay eggs
- Impose as a duty, burden, or punishment
- Be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- Be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position
- Originate (in)
- Be and remain in a particular state or condition
- Tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive
- Have a place in relation to something else
- Assume a reclining position
- Characteristic of those who are not members of the clergy
- Not of or from a profession
- A narrative song with a recurrent refrain
- A narrative poem of popular origin
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in lay?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to lay:
There are 14 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'lay'.