Is plate a Scrabble word?
Yes, plate is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Plate is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word plate.
- Coat with a layer of metal
- (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score
- A sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- A full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- Dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- The quantity contained in a plate
- A rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly
- The thin under portion of the forequarter
- A main course served on a plate
- Any flat platelike body structure or part
- The positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- A flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
- Structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- A shallow receptacle for collection in church
- A metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- A dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in plate?
6 Anagrams of Plate
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to plate:
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'plate'.