Is close a Scrabble word?
Yes, close is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Close is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
37 definitions of the word close.
- Near in time or place or relationship
- In an attentive manner
- Move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut
- Become closed
- Cease to operate or cause to cease operating
- Finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.)
- Come to a close
- Complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement
- Be priced or listed when trading stops
- Engage at close quarters
- Cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- Change one's body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- Come together, as if in an embrace
- Draw near
- Bring together all the elements or parts of
- Bar access to
- Fill or stop up
- Unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of
- Finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead
- At or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other
- Close in relevance or relationship
- Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
- Rigorously attentive; strict and thorough
- Marked by fidelity to an original
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched
- Lacking fresh air
- Of textiles
- Strictly confined or guarded
- Confined to specific persons
- Fitting closely but comfortably
- Used of hair or haircuts
- Giving or spending with reluctance
- Inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information
- The temporal end; the concluding time
- The last section of a communication
- The concluding part of any performance
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in close?
2 Anagrams of Close
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to close:
There are 15 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'close'.