Is called a Scrabble word?
Yes, called is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 12 points in Words with Friends
Called is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
28 definitions of the word called.
- Assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- Ascribe a quality to or give a name of a common noun that reflects a quality
- Get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
- Utter a sudden loud cry
- Order, request, or command to come
- Pay a brief visit
- Call a meeting; invite or command to meet
- Read aloud to check for omissions or absentees
- Send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message
- Utter a characteristic note or cry
- Stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather
- Greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
- Make a stop in a harbour
- Demand payment of (a loan)
- Make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands
- Give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance
- Indicate a decision in regard to
- Make a prediction about; tell in advance
- Require the presentation of for redemption before maturation
- Challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense
- Declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee
- Lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal
- Order or request or give a command for
- Order, summon, or request for a specific duty or activity, work, role
- Utter in a loud voice or announce
- Challenge the sincerity or truthfulness of
- Consider or regard as being
- Rouse somebody from sleep with a call
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in called?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to called:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'called'.