Is call a Scrabble word?
Yes, call is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Call is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word call
The meaning of call
41 definitions of the word call.
- Assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- Ascribe a quality to or give a name of a common noun that reflects a quality
- Get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
- Utter a sudden loud cry
- Order, request, or command to come
- Pay a brief visit
- Call a meeting; invite or command to meet
- Read aloud to check for omissions or absentees
- Send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message
- Utter a characteristic note or cry
- Stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather
- Greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
- Make a stop in a harbour
- Demand payment of (a loan)
- Make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands
- Give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance
- Indicate a decision in regard to
- Make a prediction about; tell in advance
- Require the presentation of for redemption before maturation
- Challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense
- Declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee
- Lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal
- Order or request or give a command for
- Order, summon, or request for a specific duty or activity, work, role
- Utter in a loud voice or announce
- Challenge the sincerity or truthfulness of
- Consider or regard as being
- Rouse somebody from sleep with a call
- A telephone connection
- A special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- A loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
- A demand especially in the phrase "the call of duty"
- The characteristic sound produced by a bird
- A brief social visit
- A demand by a broker that a customer deposit enough to bring his margin up to the minimum requirement
- A demand for a show of hands in a card game
- A request
- An instruction that interrupts the program being executed
- A visit in an official or professional capacity
- (sports) the decision made by an umpire or referee
- The option to buy a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in call?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to call:
Unscramble the letters in call
There are 5 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'call'.