Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
10 Definitions of Ray
The definition of ray, the meaning of the word Ray:
Is ray a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A column of light (as from a beacon)
- n. - A branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence
- n. - (mathematics) a straight line extending from a point
- n. - A group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
- n. - The syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- n. - Any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish
- n. - Cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
- v. - Emit as rays
- v. - Extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center
- v. - Expose to radiation
Ray is worth 6 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
There are 3 letters in ray: A R Y
2 Anagrams of Ray
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to ray:
5 words found using the letters in "Ray"
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words