Is dry a Scrabble word?
Yes, dry is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
Dry is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
19 definitions of the word dry.
- Remove the moisture from and make dry
- Become dry or drier
- Free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; or no longer wet
- Humorously sarcastic or mocking
- Lacking moisture or volatile components
- Opposed to or prohibiting the production and sale of alcoholic beverages
- Not producing milk
- (of liquor) having a low residual sugar content because of decomposition of sugar during fermentation
- Without a mucous or watery discharge; a small child with a dry nose"
- Not shedding tears
- Lacking interest or stimulation; dull and lifeless
- Used of solid substances in contrast with liquid ones
- Unproductive especially of the expected results
- Having no adornment or coloration
- (of food) eaten without a spread or sauce or other garnish
- Having a large proportion of strong liquor
- Lacking warmth or emotional involvement
- Practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages; I happen to be teetotal"
- A reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to dry:
There are 6 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'dry'.