Is double a Scrabble word?
Yes, double is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 12 points in Words with Friends
Double is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
21 definitions of the word double.
- Downward and forward
- Two together
- To double the degree
- Increase twofold
- Hit a two-base hit
- Bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain
- Do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions
- Bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
- Make or do or perform again
- Having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson
- Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs
- Twice as great or many
- Used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements
- Used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
- Large enough for two
- Having two meanings with intent to deceive
- A base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
- A stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts
- Someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
- A quantity that is twice as great as another
- Raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in double?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to double:
There are 6 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'double'.