Is beats a Scrabble word?
Yes, beats is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Beats is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word beats
The meaning of beats
34 definitions of the word beats.
- Come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
- Give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression
- Hit repeatedly
- Move rhythmically
- Shape by beating
- Make a rhythmic sound
- Glare or strike with great intensity
- Move with a thrashing motion
- Sail with much tacking or with difficulty
- Stir vigorously
- Strike (a part of one's own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music
- Be superior
- Avoid paying
- Make a sound like a clock or a timer
- Move with a flapping motion
- Indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks
- Move with or as if with a regular alternating motion
- Make by pounding or trampling
- Produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly
- Strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- Beat through cleverness and wit
- Be a mystery or bewildering to
- Wear out completely
- A United States youth subculture of the 1950s; rejected possessions or regular work or traditional dress; for communal living and psychedelic drugs and anarchism; favored modern forms of jazz (e.g., bebop)
- A regular route for a sentry or policeman
- The rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- The basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music
- A single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies; has a frequency equal to the difference between the two oscillations
- A member of the beat generation; a nonconformist in dress and behavior
- The sound of stroke or blow
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- A regular rate of repetition
- A stroke or blow
- The act of beating to windward; sailing as close as possible to the direction from which the wind is blowing
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in beats?
4 Letter Words
6 Anagrams of Beats
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to beats:
Unscramble the letters in beats
There are 10 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'beats'.