Is names a Scrabble word?
Yes, names is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Names is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word names.
- Assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- Give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property
- Charge with a function; charge to be
- Create and charge with a task or function
- Mention and identify by name
- Make reference to
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example
- Give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of
- Determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- Verbal abuse; a crude substitute for argument
- A language unit by which a person or thing is known
- A person's reputation
- Family based on male descent
- A well-known or notable person
- By the sanction or authority of
- A defamatory or abusive word or phrase
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in names?
6 Anagrams of Names
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to names:
There are 13 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'names'.