Is float a Scrabble word?
Yes, float is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Float is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
16 definitions of the word float.
- Be in motion due to some air or water current
- Be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- Set afloat
- Circulate or discuss tentatively; test the waters with
- Move lightly, as if suspended
- Put into the water
- Make the surface of level or smooth
- Allow (currencies) to fluctuate
- Convert from a fixed point notation to a floating point notation
- The time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment
- The number of shares outstanding and available for trading by the public
- A drink with ice cream floating in it
- An elaborate display mounted on a platform carried by a truck (or pulled by a truck) in a procession or parade
- A hand tool with a flat face used for smoothing and finishing the surface of plaster or cement or stucco
- Something that floats on the surface of water
- An air-filled sac near the spinal column in many fishes that helps maintain buoyancy
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in float?
2 Anagrams of Float
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to float:
There are 5 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'float'.