Is drift a Scrabble word?
Yes, drift is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 9 points in Words with Friends
Drift is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
17 definitions of the word drift.
- Be in motion due to some air or water current
- Wander from a direct course or at random
- Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- Vary or move from a fixed point or course
- Live unhurriedly, irresponsibly, or freely
- Move in an unhurried fashion
- Cause to be carried by a current
- Drive slowly and far afield for grazing
- Be subject to fluctuation
- Be piled up in banks or heaps by the force of wind or a current
- A force that moves something along
- The gradual departure from an intended course due to external influences (as a ship or plane)
- A process of linguistic change over a period of time
- A large mass of material that is heaped up by the wind or by water currents
- A general tendency to change (as of opinion)
- The pervading meaning or tenor
- A horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in drift?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to drift:
There are 5 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'drift'.