Is begin a Scrabble word?
Yes, begin is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
Begin is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word begin
The meaning of begin
11 definitions of the word begin.
- Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- Have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- Set in motion, cause to start
- Begin to speak or say
- Be the first item or point, constitute the beginning or start, come first in a series
- Have a beginning, of a temporal event
- Have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- Begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- Achieve or accomplish in the least degree, usually used in the negative
- Begin to speak, understand, read, and write a language
- Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as prime minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar Sadat (then the president of Egypt) (1913-1992)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in begin?
2 Anagrams of Begin
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to begin:
Unscramble the letters in begin
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'begin'.