Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
11 Definitions of Begin
The definition of begin, the meaning of the word Begin:
Is begin a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as prime minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar Sadat (then the president of Egypt) (1913-1992)
- v. - Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- v. - Have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- v. - Set in motion, cause to start
- v. - Begin to speak or say
- v. - Be the first item or point, constitute the beginning or start, come first in a series
- v. - Have a beginning, of a temporal event
- v. - Have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- v. - Begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- v. - Achieve or accomplish in the least degree, usually used in the negative
- v. - Begin to speak, understand, read, and write a language
Begin is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
There are 5 letters in begin: B E G I N
2 Anagrams of Begin
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to begin:
22 words found using the letters in "Begin"
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words