Is start a Scrabble word?
Yes, start is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
Start is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
22 definitions of the word start.
- Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- Set in motion, cause to start
- Have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- Bring into being
- Get off the ground
- Move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm
- Get going or set in motion
- Begin or set in motion
- Begin work or acting in a certain capacity, office or job
- Play in the starting lineup
- Have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- Begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- Bulge outward
- The beginning of anything
- The time at which something is supposed to begin
- A turn to be a starter (in a game at the beginning)
- A sudden involuntary movement
- The act of starting something
- A line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
- A signal to begin (as in a race)
- The advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race)
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in start?
1 Anagram of Start
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to start:
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'start'.