Is tie a Scrabble word?
Yes, tie is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 3 points in Scrabble, and 3 points in Words with Friends
Tie is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
18 definitions of the word tie.
- Fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
- Finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- Limit or restrict to
- Connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- Form a knot or bow in
- Create social or emotional ties
- Perform a marriage ceremony
- Make by tying pieces together
- Unite musical notes by a tie
- Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front
- A social or business relationship
- Equality of score in a contest
- A horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating
- A fastener that serves to join or connect
- The finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided
- (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value
- One of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track
- A cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in tie?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to tie:
There are 14 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'tie'.