Want to beat your Scrabble friends no matter where you are?WordSolver Android App!
16 Definitions of Sitting
The definition of sitting, the meaning of the word Sitting:
Is sitting a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - (photography) the act of assuming a certain position (as for a photograph or portrait)
- n. - The act of assuming or maintaining a seated position
- n. - A meeting of spiritualists
- n. - A session as of a legislature or court
- v. - Be seated
- v. - Be around, often idly or without specific purpose
- v. - Take a seat
- v. - Be in session
- v. - Assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- v. - Sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
- v. - Be located or situated somewhere
- v. - Work or act as a baby-sitter; I have too much homework to do"
- v. - Show to a seat; assign a seat for
- v. - Serve in a specific professional capacity
- adj. - (of persons) having the torso erect and legs bent with the body supported on the buttocks
- adj. - Not moving and therefore easy to attack
Sitting is worth 8 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
There are 7 letters in sitting: G I I N S T T
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to sitting:
37 words found using the letters in "Sitting"
6 Letter Words
5 Letter Words
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words