Is shift a Scrabble word?
Yes, shift is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Shift is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
23 definitions of the word shift.
- Make a shift in or exchange of; then we switched"
- Change place or direction
- Move around
- Move very slightly
- Move from one setting or context to another
- Change in quality
- Move and exchange for another
- Move sideways or in an unsteady way
- Move abruptly
- Use a shift key on a keyboard
- Change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change
- Change gears
- Lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
- An event in which something is displaced without rotation
- A qualitative change
- The time period during which you are at work
- The act of changing one thing or position for another
- The act of moving from one place to another
- (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- A crew of workers who work for a specific period of time
- The key on the typewriter keyboard that shifts from lower-case letters to upper-case letters
- A woman's sleeveless undergarment
- A loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in shift?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to shift:
There are 8 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'shift'.