Is shaft a Scrabble word?
Yes, shaft is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 11 points in Scrabble, and 10 points in Words with Friends
Shaft is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
14 definitions of the word shaft.
- Equip with a shaft
- Defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- A line that forms the length of an arrow pointer
- An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- A long rod or pole (especially the handle of an implement or the body of a weapon like a spear or arrow)
- A column of light (as from a beacon)
- The main (mid) section of a long bone
- Obscene terms for penis
- A long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon
- A vertical passageway through a building (as for an elevator)
- (architecture) upright consisting of the vertical part of a column
- A long vertical passage sunk into the earth, as for a mine or tunnel
- A revolving rod that transmits power or motion
- The hollow spine of a feather
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in shaft?
1 Anagram of Shaft
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to shaft:
There are 2 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'shaft'.