Yes, sail is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 4 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
Sail is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
7 definitions of the word 'sail'.
- Traverse or travel on (a body of water)
- Move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions
- Travel on water propelled by wind
- Travel on water propelled by wind or by other means
- A large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- An ocean trip taken for pleasure
- Any structure that resembles a sail
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in sail?
2 Anagrams of Sail
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to sail:
There are 19 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'sail'.
- A: alias
- E: aisle
- D: dials
- H: hails
- K: kails
- J: jails
- X: axils