Is release a Scrabble word?
Yes, release is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 7 points in Scrabble, and 8 points in Words with Friends
Release is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
22 definitions of the word release.
- Release, as from one's grip
- Grant freedom to; free from confinement
- Let (something) fall or spill from a container
- Prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- Eliminate (a substance)
- Generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids
- Make (information) available for publication
- Part with a possession or right
- Release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
- Make (assets) available
- Merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film)
- The act of liberating someone or something
- A process that liberates or discharges something
- An announcement distributed to members of the press in order to supplement or replace an oral presentation
- The termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
- Euphemistic expressions for death
- A legal document evidencing the discharge of a debt or obligation
- A device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
- Activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion
- The act of allowing a fluid to escape
- A formal written statement of relinquishment
- (music) the act or manner of terminating a musical phrase or tone
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in release?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to release:
There are 4 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'release'.