Is reduce a Scrabble word?
Yes, reduce is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 9 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
Reduce is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
Dictionary definitions of the word reduce
The meaning of reduce
20 definitions of the word reduce.
- Cut down on; make a reduction in
- Make less complex
- Bring to humbler or weaker state or condition
- Simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another
- Lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation
- Be the essential element
- Reduce in size; reduce physically
- Lessen and make more modest
- Make smaller
- To remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons
- Narrow or limit
- Put down by force or intimidation
- Undergo meiosis
- Reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site
- Destress and thus weaken a sound when pronouncing it
- Reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- Be cooked until very little liquid is left
- Cook until very little liquid is left
- Lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
- Take off weight
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in reduce?
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to reduce:
Unscramble the letters in reduce
There are 7 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'reduce'.