Is pi a Scrabble word?
Yes, pi is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 4 points in Scrabble, and 5 points in Words with Friends
Pi is a valid Scrabble word.
See the definition of pi and examples of how pi is used here.
Table of Contents
Pi is a multipurpose word with several definitions and is pronounced just like the food pie. You may know it best as the ratio of circumference to diameter of a circle, which we usually interpret as approximately 3.14, though the string of numbers can go on forever. It's considered to be a mathematical constant and is used in many mathematical or physical equations. However, it's also an irrational number because it's impossible to know its exact value, making it a fascinating number for mathematicians.
As a noun, pi may refer to the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet. The symbol for this letter (π), which is translated as p, is used to represent the mathematical ratio of pi.
The word pi can also be a verb, meaning to mix things up or create disorder. If referring to printing, it means to just dump random letters on the page and indiscriminately print them in a massive jumble, like a word search. Any type of mixed mess of objects can also be referred to as pied, since it's a disaster.
5 definitions of the word pi.
- The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle; approximately equal to 3.14159265358979323846...
- Someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
- The scientist in charge of an experiment or research project
- The 16th letter of the Greek alphabet
- An antiviral drug used against HIV; interrupts HIV replication by binding and blocking HIV protease; often used in combination with other drugs
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to pi:
There are 19 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'pi'.