Is father a Scrabble word?
Yes, father is a Scrabble word!
...and is worth 12 points in Scrabble, and 11 points in Words with Friends
Father is a valid Scrabble word.
Table of Contents
9 definitions of the word father.
- Make children
- A male parent (also used as a term of address to your father)
- The founder of a family
- `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church); `Padre' is frequently used in the military
- (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the best known Latin Church Fathers are Ambrose, Augustine, Gregory the Great, and Jerome; those who wrote in Greek include Athanasius, Basil, Gregory Nazianzen, and John Chrysostom
- A person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization
- God when considered as the first person in the Trinity
- A person who founds or establishes some institution
- The head of an organized crime family
What Scrabble words can I make with the letters in father?
2 Anagrams of Father
Anagrams are words that use the same letters as other words, but in a different order.
Anagrams are sometimes called a Word Unscramble
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to father:
There are 3 words that can be made by adding another letter to 'father'.